Current information as of January 2, 2023:
The Court-Ordered Community Service program at JHS is separate from the volunteer program. If you need hours for court, do NOT fill out the online application. Instead, follow these guidelines:
- You must be 18 years of age or older, no exceptions.
- You must have appropriate paperwork from the court.
- No violent offenses are accepted in the program (e.g. battery, sexual assault, child abuse, animal abuse, etc.).
- You must attend an orientation before starting – orientations are offered 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
- Monday through Friday: Meet at the small fountain outside our Adoption and Education Center at 6:30am. We are located at 8464 Beach Blvd. You do not need to pre-register – you can just show up. Please be aware that if you show up after 6:40am, you will not be able to participate. You can stay as late as 1pm, based on need.
- Court-ordered community service is NOT offered on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Court-ordered community service is NOT offered on any day that falls on a holiday. Please see the JHS holiday calendar for a list of JHS holidays.
- Bring a government issued ID.
- There will be a $20 program fee (cash or card) that you will have to pay before your final day.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, jeans or knee-length shorts, T-shirt (no tank tops) or warmer shirt depending on the weather (choose clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and/or stained).
- Please note, if you sign up through our volunteer program and gain hours, you cannot use those hours for court requirements.
Our court-ordered community service program is offered on a first come, first served basis with a cap of 4 people per day. If you wish to start your hours the same day as orientation you should arrive early to beat the crowd.
Please park your car by our warehouse in the gravel lot:
1821 Foster Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Walk through the gate and up the service road where the new building is located. Meet by the entrance labelled Adoption & Education (2-story section) at the fountain to sign in.