The Court-Ordered Community Service program at JHS is separate from the volunteer program. If you need hours for court, do NOT fill out the online application. Instead, follow these guidelines:
- You must be 18 years of age or older, no exceptions.
- You must have appropriate paperwork from the court.
- No violent offenses are accepted in the program (e.g. battery, sexual assault, child abuse, animal abuse, etc.).
- You must attend an orientation before starting – orientations are offered 7 days a week, Sunday through Saturday, at 6:30am (no need to pre-register, just show up).
- You can at most work 7:00am – 4:00pm however this is never guaranteed (it is based on needs here at JHS).
- Bring a government issued ID.
- There will be a $20 program fee (cash or card) that you will have to pay before your final day.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, jeans or knee-length shorts, T-shirt (no tank tops) or warmer shirt depending on the weather (choose clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and/or stained).
- Please note, if you sign up through our volunteer program and gain hours, you cannot use those hours for court requirements.
Our court-ordered community service program is first come first serve basis; 6 people maximum per day. If you wish to start your hours the same day as orientation you should arrive early to beat the crowd.
Please park your car by our warehouse in the gravel lot:
1821 Foster Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Walk through the gate and up the service road where the new building is located. Meet by Adoptions (2 story section) at the fountain to sign in.