Looking for a unique space to hold your next meeting or event? The Jacksonville Humane Society has two spacious rooms available to rent for a one-of-a-kind experience. Interested in your group volunteering in conjunction with renting the space? We can make it happen!
Conference Room (30 people)
Conference Room Features:
- 1 television with HDMI projector capability (laptop not included in setup)
- Embedded surround-sound in room, connected through HDMI and TV
- Conference phone with speakerphone capability
- Wireless internet access for personal laptops and smart devices
- Semi-private kitchen with refrigerator, sink, microwave, and counter space
- One single-stall, gender neutral, wheelchair accessible restroom
- Room is carpeted with lots of natural light
Multipurpose Room (100 people)
Multipurpose Room Features:
- 3 televisions with HDMI projector capability (laptop not included in setup)
- Embedded surround-sound in room, connected through HDMI and TVs
- 1 cordless hand-held microphone and 1 lavalier microphone
- 1 podium
- Wireless internet access for personal laptops and smart devices
- Private kitchen with refrigerator, sink, and counter space
- Two single-stall, wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Room with finished concrete floors (no carpet) with lots of natural light
Room rental rates are calculated on an hourly or daily basis plus a one-time cleaning/administrative fee of $50 per reservation.
|Meeting Space||Theater Style||Classroom Style||Conference Style||Nonprofit Rate||Business Rate|
|Conference Room (36′ x 24′)||30 people||20 people||20 people||$25/hour or $200/day (8 hours)||$50/hour or $375/day (8 hours)|
|Multipurpose Room (48′ x 37′)||100 people||60 people||N/A||$50/hour or $400/day (8 hours)||$75/hour or $575/day (8 hours)|
Rooms can be setup in Theater style (with just chairs and no tables), Classroom style (with chairs and tables in rows facing forward), or Conference (with chairs around a central, long series of tables). The renter should choose one of the three setups. If the renter desires a different setup, reasonable accommodations will be made by request in writing to JHS. Please note, the occupancy numbers below are estimates. Interested parties should visit JHS prior to making reservations if occupancy is a concern.
Please complete the Application for Rental Space. If your request can be accommodated, the space will be tentatively booked pending full payment of the room rental fee. No reservation shall be considered definite until full payment has been made and the renting organization has received written confirmation of the reservation from JHS staff.
JHS accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, or Money Order as payment. Checks and Money Orders may be made payable to the “Jacksonville Humane Society.” All room rental payment methods and schedules will be determined on a case by case basis upon confirmation of the reservation in writing.
Confirmation & Cancellation Policies
Once the completed application is received, JHS staff will confirm the reservation in writing via email. Requests to cancel reserved meeting space must be received in writing with adequate notice of five business days. When there is adequate notice, the renting organization will be refunded their reservation payment. When adequate notice is not given, the renting organization will be charged the full rental fee. If a cancellation is due to a regional or national disaster, including extreme weather conditions, the renting organization will receive a full refund.
JHS is not responsible for loss or damage of equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those renting the space. In addition, JHS’ board, employees, and volunteers are not to be held liable for any and all claims of injuries, including death, damages or loss, which may arise in connection with a room reservation held on JHS property.
Denial of Renting Privileges
No group will be permitted to rent the meeting space if their purpose is discriminatory in nature or if they pose a disturbance to the normal operation of JHS. The Jacksonville Humane Society reserves the right to decline patrons and to amend its policies and rates at any time. These rates and policies became effective May 2018.
Conditions for Rental
The following rules govern use of rental space in JHS. Renting organizations agree to abide by these rules as a condition of use. Violations may result in revocation of room privileges.
- The JHS rental facilities are equipped with tables and chairs that may be rearranged provided the renting organization returns the room to its original configuration. JHS is responsible for setting up the chairs and tables prior to your arrival. Renting organizations are entirely responsible for their own setup above and beyond the original setup of tables and chairs. JHS is not able to assist with this function.
- The renting organization is responsible for returning the room to the same condition it was in prior to the renting organization’s event. This includes returning tables and chairs to pre-event order and proper disposal of trash in outside dumpster. Trash receptacles and bags will be provided.
- Meeting activity is restricted to the rented room area unless otherwise
negotiated. Meeting materials may be set up in the hallway that connects to the rented space. Please note, these hallways are shared walk-throughs are will not be restricted solely to the renting party. The renting organization is responsible for communicating this to its meeting participants.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed. Renting organizations must sign for delivery of their catering orders and are responsible for all setup and clean up. JHS will not place orders with caterers. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all meetings rooms unless otherwise specified. Smoking is prohibited in all meeting rooms and on the JHS property, with the exception of a designated smoking area on the west side of the campus.
- Nails, tacks, tape, staples, etc. are not to be driven into or attached to any part of the facility with the exception of painter’s tape. JHS will not furnish painter’s tape.
- JHS requests that each renting organization designate one person to handle all communications and transactions with the JHS staff. That designated person must be on-site throughout the rental period. JHS reserves the right to assess a fee if the meeting facility or its equipment is damaged or otherwise not returned to its original condition.
Questions? Email us at [email protected].