If you are looking for a new best-furry-friend, now is the time!
Our kennels are currently full and there has never been a better time to adopt. Adoption fees are currently waived for dogs weighing 30 pounds or more starting 9/26/22 through 9/30/22.
You can view their profiles here, or stop by and see us at 8464 Beach Blvd. in Jacksonville.
If you are not ready to adopt, there are still steps you can take to help to reunite lost dogs with their owners. This will keep them happy and at home – and out of the shelter!
Steps to Take When You Find a Lost Dog:
- Think lost, not dumped or abandoned.
- Look for a collar or ID tag.
- Most dogs are found within one mile of their home. Walk the dog around the area, talk to neighbors, and post in local online groups.
- Take the dog to be scanned for a microchip.
- Use Petco Love Lost.
- File a found report with the Jacksonville Humane Society.
- Post flyers, share online, and network with as many people as possible. Remember – reunion is the goal!
Thank you for stepping up to help the pets in our community! Generosity breeds joy.